Tyler is very smart. We have known this for a while. For example, he is always pointing at words that we have not taught him and telling us what they say. He is a great brother and the recent birth of his sister has triggered a series of questions that make Lisa and I a little uncomfortable. The first one was this: "Daddy, what part of mommy's body did the baby come out of?" I thought about telling him that the belly button opens up, but I decided it was better to be honest and I told him that mommies have a special part below their bellies where babies can come out. He then turned to Lisa and said, "Oh, did it hurt?" The following are some of our favorite/most awkward questions that he has asked us in the last two weeks:
"Mommy, why is the baby eating out of your arm?"
"Mommy, why do you make milk like a cow?"
"Can you make the babies eyes blue like mine?"
"Mommy, when is your belly going to get big again?"
"When your belly gets big again, can it be a boy?"
Those are the few questions we can remember and/or feel comfortable sharing on the blog. Needless to say, we have to be very careful about what we talk about at our house!



3 comments:
You totally know you LOVE those questions! That's cute. Have fun answering all the questions his curious mind comes up with
I love it. Kids are so funny. We have also had to explain many embarassing things to our kids- especially after Lillian was born. It never failed that they would be sayings something loudly in public to totally embarass me!
Love that!! Ha! We got back from Omaha Sunday but the kids have been sick and so have I so we haven't been to see the baby, it's just a cold but no newborn needs that. If there is anything you need however please call. Hopefully we will be better by the end of the weeka nd we can come and see the little cutie. We saw baby adalene pettit on Sunday, she is a doll! I tried to talk them into coming up for a visit but they weren't sure they would have time. ANyway, hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment