Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My own house....

To say that the last two weeks has been crazy would be an understatement. I have packed to move, moved out and in to a house in one day, left the next day to go camping in a tent in the rain, come home to more unpacking and now I'm getting ready to pack again and go with Brian to Boise for two months. THe first three weeks we'll be in Wendell for swimming lessons ( they were the cheapest) and to give BRian a feel for the new rotation. Actually seeing Brian might be a whole other adventure during the month of July. He is on call every third day and the call shift is 30 hours followed by a little sleep followed by another day of call and so on and so forth. The last week on July and August are a little better he goes to call every fourth day instead. From what the other 2nd year wives say the first year is the hardest. I've been told to live my own life with my children and if Brian can schedule himself in than thats great but to not expect it. Now that's something to look forward to don't ya think.
I have pictures of our camping adventure but they are on my new cell phone and I don't have the right wires to download them onto the computer yet. It wasn't camping to Zane unless we were in the tent. They had fun playing games the first night and Kate and Ty slept well but Zane was up constantly. Luckly we wern't to close to the other tents. THe next morning they tell us we have the afternoon to do what we want so we made the short trip in to Yellowstone Park. The kids loved the animals but were upset that they couldn't get out to see them closer or to touch them ( tyler wanted to touch them, Zane could care less) after that we went back to camp and ate dinner in the cold bitter rain and quickly loaded the kids in to the car again to go home.
The kids are loving having a backyard to run free in, a luxury they never got in apartments, I love that they go outside and play and now that Kate is in her own room she is sleeping WAY better. Lots of blessings. THe first sunday was stake conference and so we didn't get a chance to meet amyone and since we are going to BOise this weekend we won't meet them for another two months or so.
So I have decided to play things by ear and see how long the kids handle being out of our own home, I might come back sooner. Brian wants me to stay in Boise the whole time but I don't think I can be stuck in an apartment with three kids again after the freedom the house has given me. I"ll post pictures of the house as soon as I have things in order and boxes are gone.

1 comment:

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

You are a tough woman!! Moving is always hard but somehow we like to make them even more complicated don't we. Got the hair clips. They are so cute I cannot wait to put them in. I am tempted to run over to the neighbors hwere clara is and throw a couple in her hair. It's starting to get long. SHe look so grown up. Looking forward to first year.... weeeee!