Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why?

I just don't understand! All summer long the kids would get up at 6:00 or 6:30 every morning and now that school has started and Tyler has morning Kindergarden, he wants to sleep in until 8:00. All summer I tried to convince him that sleeping in was nice and now that he has to get up and get ready he drags and wants to sleep. It figures right? Oh well I guess I should only worry when he gets excited to get up and go to school.
The other thing that is frustrating to me is is my 3 year old. He flat refuses to potty train even when tempted by all the fun things I can think of BUT he can learn how to use the mouse on the computer to play games. If he can learn to use the computer he should learn to use the crapper. Ugh!!!!!! And since I'm complaining about my kids I shouldn't leave Kate out, she is making the weaning process very difficult. Just when it seems like we are making progress she cries forever until I cave and give her what she really wants. I need to get tougher with these little monkeys.

3 comments:

Pearl Girl said...

yah, been there done that. sorry. How about load the kids up and come to IF for the day. That will take your mind off it.

Andrea said...

Oh Lisa, you crack me up!!! Take deep breath's remember, how much you love them!

Becky said...

Totally can relate- - I have been trying to potty train Lillian (who turns 3 tomorrow) and it isn't going as well as I would like. There are like 5 other kids in our ward withing a couple of months of her age that all potty trained this summer, in my mind super easily. What am I doing wrong? You post made me chuckle, because Lillian has just learned to use the computer too (by the way, Starfall.com is a GREAT website)- and none of her little friends can- but they can use the toilet! Oh well, I remember my mom talking about my youngest brother who potty trained really late- he was super smart and seriously was READING only about 6 months after he potty trained. That should comfort me, but it isn't so much. Well- good luck- it WILL come eventually.

I bet Tyler is just tired from all the work he has to do at school - - still frustrating for you, though! Speaking of Tyler, I though you would be interested to know that we have decided to name our son (due in October) Tyler - - your taste in names is great! We had kind of a list going, but had the HARDEST time deciding, so we asked our kids which name they liked and ALL said they liked Tyler the best. After they said that- I got that feeling I had been waiting for- THAT is our baby's name!