Thursday, September 17, 2009

Have any of you had the opportunity to read Captain Underpants. If you haven't you are missing out. We got this little book to read to Tyler at bedtime. It didn't even make it to bedtime before we had read the entire thing. Its a fast read and I must admit pretty silly. Its about these two little boys who are trouble makers at school and who like to make up comics about their made up hero captain Underpants. Their theory is all superheros look like they are wearing underpants so why not have a hero named underpants and have him wear just that.

Anyhow the reason I am posting this is because last night as the kids were supposed to be getting reafy for bed I look up to see Tyler running down the hallway in his underwear and a blanket wrapped around his neck like a cape. He is flinging underwear (clean) around at people claiming to have super wedgie power! (This is the same thing that Captain Underpants does). This kid has a crazy imagination and is super cute. I was going to post a picture but I don't think a picture of my son in his underwear is appropriate for the internet. The funniest thing was how proud he was of himself for thinking to try it. However I have made it clear that he cannot be Captain Underpants for halloween unless he wears clothes.

Kids are crazy, but seriously check out this book, it will have you laughing.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

That's too funny!

Becky said...

Awesome! We will have to check out the books! So fun.

Oh- thanks for your post on my blog. The residency program is not closing, but they are threatening to terminate Jon from the program (long story). Some unfair things are going on - - but anyway- we could just use prayers. We feel like everything is going to turn out ok-- but it is still really stressful! Thanks for your concern for us, and good luck with your own residency experience- I hope it is better than ours.