Saturday, May 16, 2009

Update time!

Ok so here is what has been going on lately.



Our application for our house went through we are hoping to close on the 8th but it looks like the people moving haven't found a house yet so it might not be until the 20th. Hopefully things will work in our favor and I won't have to move without Brian's help.



Tyler just finished soccer he loved it but was exhausted every night after. We spent the last 4 1/2 years telling him to share and now we tell him to take the ball from other kids. Also I have to say how proud of Ty I am. When other kids around him are talking rudely or using inappropriate words, he stands up and tells them that those aren't nice words or nice things to say. I am so glad that he has the courage to do that. Even to the older kids.



Zane and the kittys have gotten better. He still doesn't like cats but now if he has a pretend gun he will at least try to go cat hunting. That seems to help with the anxiety. He isn't having as many nightmares either which is good for the sleep situation.



Kate is cutting her first two teeth and is very clingy and grumpy. She is getting very close to being weaned because she keeps biting her food source. But she is growing like crazy and still super cute so that makes up for the biting a little.



Brian is being kept busy by refinishing a dresser for me and playing with the kids. He just got back from taking the boys camping the kids had fun but no one slept because of our boys. They don't adjust well to new sleeping arrangements, especially camping. Brian will receive his Doctorate degree in 7 days and we are very excited.



I have been trying to get my house organized and ready for packing. I have also been making bows for ladies in our ward. I also have been trying with no luck to loss weight. After many blood tests later we have found that my hypothyroidism is under control, but that I am now pre-insulin resistant. Which means that My thyroid isn't the thing causing the problems but the insulin isn't bad enough yet to be put on medication. So I was basically told I just have to work two times harder than everyone else and if I'm lucky I might loss a little weight. This is very hard for me to swallow because I grew up very thin. To go from very thin to not thin and lumpy is not an easy thing to come to terms with. AS you can imagine I am not taking it well and unfortunately my comfort is food. I have been working very hard on this and Brian is very supportive and loving throughout this whole ordeal. I think this is one of those challenges the Lord gives us to see how we will handle it. So far not well but I am trying. I will keep exercising and eating well and the leaning on the Lord for the emotional and spiritual support I need.

No comments: