Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Better late than never

So its been awhile but for good reason. We got home from Christmas vacation and everyone got sick then I got sick so we have been recovering and trying to pick up the crazy mess we left the house in. Our original plan was to leave Christmas Eve after we had opened presents at our house, reason being our car is very small and already crammed with three kids and luggage so we wanted to leave as much home as possible. We get a call from Brian's mom and she tells us their news is saying the storm is coming early and if we want to get done to the Magic Valley we better do it sooner than later. So we quickly packed, opened presents and high tailed it to Wendell. The road were only bad in a few spots so leaving early for me was worth it. I HATE driving on bad roads. The snow didn't come until christmas day but thats ok. So we got snowed in in Wendell of all exciting places and because of nothing better to do we all went outside and threw snowballs at each other and helped the kids make a snowman.


























Christmas was fun and it was nice to get away and see family. A few days later we went to the Muirs for the New Year. We had so much fun we went to bed at 10 and welcomed the new year in the morning. Pretty lame but the kids weren't sleeping well. On that Saturday Brian's brother and sisters all came over to his parents house and we had our family christmas party. We had a great dinner and exchanged presents and then sat around, talked and played games. We had a lot of fun and everyone was great.



















Then we get home and the boys get a nasty cold and serious grouchyness. Then they so kindly pass it to me and Kate who bless her heart is trying to be good but its hard when she can't breathe well and is blowing bubbles from her nose. Now Brian has it so hopefully we have all gone through it and we won't get it again for a while. I can't say never because Zane always brings something home from nursery.



Earlier this week we got a WONDERFUL call from the family practice residency in Pocatello. They offered Brain a spot outside the match so instead of waiting until March to find out we found out in January. We are sooooooo excited that we get to stay close and even more excited to be moving to Pocatello. We have great friends there and we both went to school there and we like it alot. For those of you who haven't been for a while its been growing and there is alot more new stores, like Costco. So now we get to start looking into buying our first house!!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am to leave apartment tight cramped life behind. The house itself doen't even have to be very big as long as we have a fenced back yard, it will seem HUGE. The boys love being outside and we've never had a yard to play in. I am sooooo excited.

As I have been sitting here typing this blog, I have been trying to get Zane to take a nap. He is very stubborn and can be a stinker sometimes. He was argueing with me and slammed his door and here is what I found a few minutes later. Plus as I was getting Kate dressed this morning I came across this hat that I thought looked interesting. Turns out Aunt Jamima stopped by.
























So that is what has been happening around here and I promise I will try to update this thing more often. I have three small kids for crying out loud, how much time do I really have???

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on the position in Pocatello! It will soooo nice for you not to have to wait until March to find out. The waiting about killed me last year. Anyway- glad you had a great Christmas!

Brenbren said...

THAT ROCKS! Congrats! Also, what are you talking about not having enough time, I may only have two kids but I have enough time to bake bread, read my scriptures, write in my journal, make a perfect dinner, always have my hair done, make-up on, house in perfect condition, and I am always in the happiest of moods, every single day...... IN MY DREAMS! I am with you on the lack of time. Looks like you had fun this Christmas

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Poor Zane, it seems the more tired they are the more fuss they put up. Did Auntie Jemima bring any of her famous syrup? Love that hat. Was relief society fun today? i was totally bummed that i couldn't go. I wouldn't normally have cared that much but since you were going to be there it made it more appealing. Hopefully if all of us stay healthy we can get together next week! Call me!