Saturday, May 17, 2008

IT'S PINK!!!!



We had our ultrasound on Thursday and found out we are having a girl. It was fun because my buddy Matt Compton who is doing a rotation with Dr. Leavitt came in first and taught me how to use the ultrasound. I was thinking it was probably a girl because I didn't see any of the "stuff" that I remember seeing when Lisa had the ultrasounds for the boys. Then Dr. Leavitt came in and confirmed that it was a girl. We are both excited but I am kind of scared. I just don't know what to do with a girl! I know she will be cute and fun and everything but what happens when she is teenager? I am going to have start practicing now so I can be very intimidating by the time she starts to be interested in boys.

Anyway, Lisa is already squeeking with excitement when she looks through some baby clothes we got from our sister in-law. I guess I need to stop being terrified about raising a teenage girl and start getting excited about our beautiful baby girl. I figure I will hopefully be the most important man in her life for at least a few years!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray! COngrats to you Lisa!! I bet you are SO excited for a girl!! :)

Becky said...

Yeaaaaa! I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations. Girls are fun - don't worry about the teenage thing until it gets closer. We have really enjoyed our little girls.

Pearl Girl said...

guess what. I finally found something that you and your brother have in common... You both inherited your worry gene from your parents. CHILLAX. you are going to have so much fun with her before you ever have to start worrying. do you remember how cute MCK was??? she loved uncle BRI and now you will get to experience that times 100000, with your own :)

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Brian,Becky is right, ya gotta chill. Girls are a snap, at least for now. Ifyou need practice I could drop the girls off more often when you are home and you and Lisa could get somepractice but I already know that Lisa is a natural with the female gender. My girls love her! SO, you give us a call when you need some practice. SERIOUSLY!

Dallas and Shelby Scoffield said...

Yay Brian and Lisa! Congratulations on the girl! Let the drama begin.....

Branden said...

Congrats on having a girl. They are very fun but I totally understand about the anxiety Brian. I still wake up in cold sweats when I think of our daughter Marina becoming a teenager.