I know I haven't posted in a while and I should update you on the family but really this is a more serious matter. I have always loved sweets. If given the choice between a piece of fruit or a sweet you can bet your every dollar its going to be the sweets. However, this is sadly no longer the case. As I have gotten older ( and by older I mean out of high school) I can't enjoy my past. I used to be able to eat anything my heart desired and as much as I wanted, and not have to worry if my pants would fit the next day. However these last few years have not been as sweet.
I went to the great effort to lose 20 pounds these last two years and to try to incorporate exersice more often. Now secretly I was hoping this would allow for a few sweets now and then, but no that is not the case. I think I have blood sugar issues that make me feel ill after eating sweets, even fruit at times. This is cruel. If I can't enjoy a candy bar then I should at least be able to enjoy a small bowl of raspberries, right? NOPE!!! My doctor says that I just have to try to cut out as much sugar as possible and be really careful with the fruits. I am not diabetic but I do have a family history. I think this is my body's way of getting back at me for not being nicier in the young years.
So sadly, and to my sweet tooth's dispise, I have to hang up the sweet tooth. My waist should smile and my butt slim down, but my heart will cry as I stare at the candy bars at the checkout line. "sigh" (Life is rough)



No comments:
Post a Comment