Well so much for trying to keep up this year. I think its because I forget to take pictures, which leaves posts like this rather boring. So far this year, we have gotten lots of snow which melted and then lots of snow again. Last night the weather man said we should get about 1 inch of snow but nothing great. Well I woke up to my phone ringing and the school had been pushed back two hours because of snow. I looked outside and found 5 inches! At least they tried to get a close estimate right?
We have gotten to have some fun afternoons with cousins. Derek has come down to visit a few times adn Kaysie also has come to visit. THey will be coming again in February to watch teh Super bowl since our family team (the Steelers) are playing this year. We also took a trip down to Twin Falls for a job interview for Brian. He hasn't made any decisions yet, he also has an offer in Aberdeen which would mean commuting for him but we could stay in our house. I am just glad I don't have to make the final decision. I can put in my two cents and leave it at that.
My current project is restaining the bathroom cabinets and will post a picture soon. They turned out very nice. THey were a pale blond wood color, now they are a beautiful cherry wood color.
Tyler is doing great in school. He is reading above his grade level and does great in math. He is also a great little pianist. He seems to have a real knack for it. His teacher thinks he can be really great if he keeps it up.
Zane is loving preschool. He has learned so much already this year. HIs imagination is HUGE and always gives us a good laugh. Some of the things he comes up with are great. He has a whole other family in his "pickle house". He also thinks its time for me to go to the baby store and buy a new baby. I don't know if that will happen or not. Its still up in the air.
Kate is a little spit fire. For those of you who saw the family picture of us all and noticed Kate off to the side, well that was all her doing. She flat out refused to be any closer. She has a mind of her own. She LOVES to be read too and doesn't mind if its the same books over and over. She loves girly things but hates when the boys try to cut her off form playing with legos. She knows which buttons to push of Zane to get him worked up and likes to give that a go at least twice a day. She also has Brian wrapped around her little finger which make it hard for him to tell her no or use timeouts. He isn't the only one all it takes is her little smile and her batting her eyelashes at you.
Brian just got called into the young mens. He enjoys it but now add mutual to his already busy schedule. He is in charge of the younger group so scouting is in the agenda. That he isnt huge on but he thinks he can deal with it. He also has just a year and a half left of residency left before heading off into the real work of slave labor.
I am trying to keep up with all my kids and spend time with my husband when I can. I still play volleyball once a week, which is my lifesaver, I love it. I also reached my goal of losing twenty plus a few pounds and now I have to work hard to keep it off. Its nice to feel good again adn like how clothes fit again. So after I finish the bathroom cabinets I think Brian wants me to tackle the kitchen cabinets. So I think I keep myself busy! But I will try to keep updated a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Brian and scouts classic!!!
Jake was in scouts for a long time, he might be able to give Brian some pointers. You could buy land and build a house next to us if he took the job it Aberdeen, it wouldn't be a long commute.
Post a Comment