Holy cow June flew by so fast! We have been so busy it has been good and crazy at the same time. We have started our summer off by taking swimming lessons up at ISU. They have a great program and the boys have done great. I started them both off in level one just to get them comfortable in the water. Tyler took swimming in Wendell last year but hadn't swam since so it was a good way to get back into things. Zane was a little shy at first but soon became more comfortable. After the first two weeks, Ty advanced to the next level and Zane stayed in level one. He was so sad, he likes to compare things to video games and so not being able to advance to the next level was hard for him, but after the second two weeks he will now be moving to level two. Tyler seems to be a natural in the water and has been doing very well and can now swim to the side of the pool by himself. Its still scary to watch them let go but I am glad they like it so much. We have them signed up for two more sessions.

We have also got to see cousins. We spent a weekend in Wendell watching Kyle's kids so Sheena could start to recover from surgery on her hip. We also got to see Derek's kids for a few hours. Kate just loved the "baby" even though the baby was as big as her. Trac loved to give her cuddles it was so cute. The boys play so hard with Talon and Brek that it takes them almost a full day to recover. Even Teegan stopped by to play.
We also went camping in Island Park with the residency program. They brought up a karaoke machine this year so Tyler tried his hand at singing and then Brian sang with Brad Hyatt and John Fenstermaker who are first year residents this year. On our free day this year we went down to Ashton and ate at Big Jud's and then had huckleberry ice cream. After lunch, we drove up to Mesa Falls which is beautiful if you haven't been there yet you should. The kids mostly Ty were mad that we didn't go anywhere with toys and refused to smile in any picture we took. We came back late Saturday night and drove to Burley on Sunday to be with Brian's mom, great grandma Gochnour passed away early Sunday morning. We attended her funeral on Wednsday and it was a really nice service. I'm not much for funerals, they make me uncomfortable and emotional. The first funeral I really remember was my grandma Gunter's and it came as a shock when she died. I don't know what it is but I have this thing with funerals.
Brian's schedule has been so busy we hardly see him. He finished an OB rotation last week and is now on night float which means he works from 7pm to 8 or 9 am and then sleeps for a few hours and we usually see him for 4 hours, 5 on a good day, only three weeks of that left. Which is why I am glad I have been staying so busy with the kids, with play dates, picnics, sprinklers, trips and much more. It is kind of true when they say you live two lives in residency, the one with your kids and the one that your husband gets to come occasionally. Two more years of residency and then we get to see him on a more regular basis.
So have i rambled enough yet, oh and we found out in a scary situation that Tyler is allergic to watermelon. We were in Aberdeen at my grandma Phillips and we were eating outside and Tyler dished up the watermelon like he usually does. Later he came back looking not so great saying that his throat hurts and its getting hard to breathe, and he is getting a rash on his neck. Luckily I had Benadryl in my car and I gave him some and within a couple of minutes he was ok but still not feeling well. So I was telling Brian about it because he wasn't there and he thought it sounded odd that he would react like that when he has had watermelon a lot before this. So I took him into an allergist who did some skin testing on him. Turns out he is allergic to cats, weeds, russian thistle, and watermelon. The doctor thinks that the combination of being outside in the weeds and bushes (grandma lives in the country) and the watermelon gave him a mild anaphilactic shock reaction, and thank goodness I had Benadryl. So now I get to carry a epi-pen in my purse and he is supposed to stay away from watermelon. Poor kid he really likes watermelon.
So like I said, very busy and at times scary month of June. Hopefullu July slows down but it doesn't look like it so far so we will see.



1 comment:
WOw, how much fun!! I am jealous. We have had fun but not that much. new babies put a cramp in the fun meter. Mesa Falls looks beautiful!! I miss the mountains.
Post a Comment